ISP

ISP

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Waterly Memorial/Sixth of June 2017 Recap

I wanted to wait until the end of June for this, in case we were able to squeeze in any more activities for the Waterly Memorial.

Unfortunately, as has been happening, we spent more time playing Magic than BattleTech, in a great four player free-for-all that took over an hour despite being standard sized 60 card decks. Mitch got to make it out and played old school Mirrodin artifact affinity. Tiffy played some great life gain, whilst Jer did what he does and rocked green. I went blue/red artifact, not really expecting to do all that well with so many opponents. Thanks to turtling up a little bit, and a massive board wipe by Tiffy, and the jankiness of Aetherworks Marvel/Gonti's Aether Heart/Saheeli Rae combo, I ended up winning somehow. Probably because I wasn't assaulted early and often. I usually draw hate just by existing and I think my opponents forgot why that is.

Mitch and I did get a great game of 3 on 3, 150 tons to a side, Draconis Combine 1st Genyosha vs Lyran Alliance 4th Skye Rangers. Not realizing how terribly brutal his short range loadout was, I went with a slicey dicey lance utilizing swords. And then I lost initiative almost every round, so he was able to capitalize on my poor choices and break an eight-game solo losing streak against me. Very well played on his end and I'm glad he finally got to come out to a game night after so long.

We had a lot of people that couldn't make it for one reason or another, so this was the smallest Sixth of June turnout thus far. Was kind of disappointed in that. I mean, I know I place more importance on the event than most of the gaming group/friends I invite, but I really do enjoy seeing everyone and whatnot.

In either case, next time, I don't have any intention of flopping cards, just throwing dice and having heavy metal mayhem. Pretty sure I said that last year too, though...






No comments:

Post a Comment